Friday morning, kids got up wayyyy too early for this mama. Add this up with the kind of weather that even a duck woluldn’t want to go out in, and that was how my day was looking up. So I decided that it was a good day for improvisation…on crafting. But how do you craft with nothing? Everything is packed up in boxes. Well, my friends, let me tell you one thing, if I can do it, anybody can!
I suggested the kids that we were oing to decorate the house for Halloween. Pea came up with the idea of making ghost. So after searching the house for ghost material, we came up with an old window panel, some paper that we are using to pack the dishes in, and tape and thread.
Well, believe it or not, all of that, CAN make a ghost!
no, probably not the most glorious ghost you have seen in your life, I give you that, but certainly the one I even had more fun designing, (r at least the one that took less time) AND the one that cost the less! The kids had fun doing those, and honnestly, it totally reminded me that crafting with nothing on hand, is way more fun then I could remember.
After seeing the production of ghost going a little out of hand, I had to find another plan to keep them occupy a little while longer. I saw some black felt that was lying around, and that gave me my next idea…
I made a template, asked the kids to cut their bats from felt, and then decorate it with stars and golden glue.
They loved it.
we had fun creating the template on the moving paper, we loved having out work scatterred all over the table along with the ideas we threw on paper previously, and all the material that we had found. Really, this felt like a crafting moment to us.
…and that kept them busy for me to finish the touches to my numerous (already started) halloween projects
THis one notably:
coming from a pattern I have found on ravelry, called 12:01, I knitted this amazingly huge pumpkin in abour 2 weeks. They are a quick knit, but knitting this while trying to pack the rest of the house for a quick move, was not the best timing. However, I still managed to finish on time, thanks to the previous bats…
they are still a little damp, I wonder if they will be ready for tomorrow. But I have to say I am happy with the result.
I used: Cascade 220, in burned orange, and heathers in the shade of green. Love the color combo.
I also have plaaned to make Pumpkin a pumkin hat, and THAT is not even on the needles yet, so I am looking forward to see how I am going to squeese this between 2 boxes…
I also have finishing touched to make to the costumes…so a lot of work on my already packed cratfting table. The kitchen table is currently replacing 🙂
back to work!